SO- I took her advice and I signed up for OK Cupid.
So far the highlights are that it is free and it made me legitimately laugh OUT loud all night. This could be a new guilty pleasure like reading InTouch or Life&Style magazines...nothing to put too much faith into, but it sure passes the time!
I had to answer questions about everything from politics to education to family values...but there were some hilarious/irrelevant questions peppered in there. A few of my favorites included:
- "Do you believe in dinosaurs?" - I said YES and that it was mandatory for the other person to also say YES. Really?? Is this something couples fight about?
- "Would you ever consider a serious, long term relationship between three people?" - I said NO, duh! Three can keep a relationship if two of them are dead...or something like that.
- "If your partner had a sexual fantasy that you could not fulfill for anatomical reasons, would you encourage them to pursue this fantasy if it involved sex with another?" - What in the Fuckety Fuck? I said NO, of course....but is that really something I need to be thinking about when finding someone to date and potentially fall in love with?
- "Does No mean No?" - And in the options it actually said, "NO- people never turn me down." HEH!?! Well, I said that No ALWAYS means no and that it was mandatory for my partner to agree..."I'll have the Soup Du Jour with a side of date rape?" No WAY, JOSE!
Other notably awkward questions involved appropriate punishment for rape, belief in suicide, if big girls have more fun, and if I would ever date someone who grows weed in their backyard. AMAZING!
I also learned a lot about myself when ranking people in the "QuickMatch" setting. This feature essentially allows you to rapidly look through profiles and rank them 1-5stars based on first impressions (pictures and/or self made profile). Everyone that you rate 4 or 5 stars is saved in a special mystery box and if they like you, too, it will email you or some shit. ANYWHO- this is where I learned two very important things about myself:
1) I am a sucker for a foreign accent
2) I am going to hell
I rated guys 4 or 5 stars for the following reasons tonight:
- From France
- Owns every season of Gilmore Girls (I am not sure if this is SEXY, but totally intriguing)
- Cute dog
- Dresses well
- And maybe like 2 that I just genuinely liked what they had to say in their profile
I rated guys with only 1 Star/Skipped them for the following reasons:
- Listed "holding hands" as a top interest
- Having children
- Paraplegic (Hell, Party of 1- yes I know!)
- Talked about "knocking someone up and moving into a trailer" in his ABOUT ME section
- Having a picture of his mom in his profile picture
- Soldiers (yes- I support our troops...but I just can't get into a relationship with one...its either because of the long distance or the "trained killer" thing...)
- Looked like he was wearing lip gloss
- People with "mug shot" type pictures
OTHER FUN FACT?? Apparently I need to move.
As it turns out, I live in the WORST possible state to find a perfect match.
|A Map of Love: your best male matches by state|
|target: USA | sampled: 39200|